Beat the morning blues with these healthy and yummy smoothies  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Smoothies can be a healthy breakfast option if prepared well
- Smoothies are easy to prepare and versatile in nature
- Here are some healthy breakfast smoothie ideas
New Delhi: Mornings can often be a busy time of the day for working professionals. Rushing to the jobs with very little time on hand, it might not be possible for some people to grab a quick bite. Skipping breakfast can have detrimental consequences on health and therefore must be avoided. If you are looking for an easy way to fulfil your nutritional requirements while keeping up with a hectic schedule, it’s time to add smoothies to your breakfast. While smoothies can be an incredible way to make up for the lost breakfast rituals, their healthiness depends majorly on the method of preparation, ingredients, and portions consumed.
Healthy breakfast smoothies
Here are some easy to prepare breakfast smoothies that can provide your body with nutrition and energy for the day:
- Banana blueberry smoothie: Combine the fibre and potassium-rich goodness of bananas with the antioxidant properties of blueberries and you will have an incredibly delicious breakfast option. To prepare this smoothie, combine a banana, spinach, milk, blueberries, flaxseeds, avocado, cinnamon, and avocado in a blender. Blend the ingredients well, pour the mix into a glass, and drink.
- Kale smoothie: Kale is one of the best green leafy vegetables and is rich in vitamin K, magnesium, iron, and calcium. This can offer bone, heart, and muscle benefits to the body. To prepare the smoothie, just combine chopped kale leaves, honey, non-fat Greek yoghurt, milk, peanut butter, frozen pineapples, and frozen banana. Blend the ingredients, pour, and enjoy.
- Oatmeal peach smoothie: Oatmeal is popular among weight loss diet plans. Mix it up with juicy peaches for a healthy and weight loss friendly breakfast smoothie. To prepare this smoothie, just blend Greek yoghurt, milk, frozen peaches, rolled oats, ice, and a frozen banana.
- Pineapple smoothie: A good source of vitamin C and fibre, pineapples can help deal with digestive problems. You can prepare this smoothie by blending yoghurt, pineapple chunks, and ice cubes.
- Strawberry kiwi smoothie: Strawberries and kiwis are rich sources of vitamin C and antioxidants. Apart from boosting immunity, this smoothie can offer immense health benefits. To prepare this smoothie, all you need to do is blend kiwi, strawberry, banana, honey, and apple juice in a blender and then pour it into a glass to enjoy.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now